Rellik is the brain child of Londoner, Louise Howard.
Coming from an artistic background and having carved out a career as a figurative painter,  she chose to delve into the world of jewelry where she draws on inspiration from all genres including the London fashion scene, the LA style aesthetic, even ancient world jewelry ranging from Aztec to Egyptian to 16th and 17th century and anything in between that catches her imagination.
She is a self-taught metalsmith and strives to create unique pieces that delineate her particular style and march to their own fashionable beat.

 

Our design Process

Rellik Jewelry Desigh processEach piece from the Rellik Jewelry collection starts life from a sketch. Inspiration is pulled from almost anywhere and anything; be it elements of nature or the latest offerings to drift down the catwalk, and translated into a design concept through the simplicity of pencil on paper. The sketch is adapted and edited numerous times until the perfect piece has been drawn; a process that can take from 3 hours to three weeks. In some cases, it can take months until just the right design has been created. Once this has been realized, the design is either cut by hand from our sheet metals or cast in wax to create a mold and the process begins. Once the cast or cut piece is complete, various processes are undertaken which include soldering. This allows for the creation to come to life. Earring posts are adjoined as are jump rings, and various other components that make the piece wearable. Once soldered, the item is pickled to remove fire scale and is then buffed and polished until completion upon which a new Rellik treasure will join the family.

Our materials of choice

 

BRONZE

Jewelry making materials we useBronze is an alloy that is made up of a number of metals. Copper is the primary component, with commonly about 12% tin constituting the composition along with other metals that can range from aluminum to manganese, zinc or nickel. The durability and strength of bronze is accredited to the inclusion of the tin and these other metals, all of which help to fortify the copper.

For centuries, bronze has been considered a socially reputable and revered material. In ancient times, bronze was espoused by the Chinese and used in ritual offerings as well as elite burials. Numerous unused artifacts crafted from bronze have been discovered throughout Europe ranging from weaponry to jewelry. The fact that bronze does not rust added to the appeal of this material and highlighted it’s longevity. It’s ability to resist corrosion, and that it only oxidizes superficially – that is to say, once a top layer of copper oxide is formed, the underlying metal is ultimately protected – solidified bronze’s reputation as a reliable and everlasting metal.

This is all aside to the aesthetic of the metal itself. With a softly golden tone and rosy under hue, bronze remains a stunning alternative in appearance to gold for a fraction of the cost. And for all of these reasons, it is the primary choice of metal for our jewelry.

STERLING SILVER

When creating our pieces with a silver aesthetic in mind, our choice of metal is always sterling silver. Sterling silver is a very popular choice of metal and sits somewhere in between platinum and nickel with regard to it’s price and is far more accessible than platinum. The kind usually used for jewelry making is 925; 92.5% is pure silver and the remaining 7.5% is composed of other elements, usually copper, for added durability and strength. Our range of sterling silver pieces is safe and durable and happens to be absolutely stunning.

BRASS

Our final metal of choice is brass. This incredibly versatile metal is malleable and easy to cast and gives a beautiful finish. Although it is not the most hypoallergenic metal on account of the inclusion of nickel in it’s composition, for most of us that are tolerant to such allergies, brass is a fantastic material. It’s appearance rivals that of gold with a bright, brilliant appearance and the price of brass is unrivaled by most metals used in the jewelry industry.

 

LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?

CONNECT WITH US

 

Save

Save

Save